|编剧:||Mike Mignola (comic book)|
Andrew Cosby and Christopher Golden (screenplay)
Hellboy (formerly Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen) is a reboot of the Hellboy film series. Millennium Films will finance and distribute the film, which is being made with an R rating in mind.
- David Harbour: Hellboy
- Ian McShane: Trevor Bruttenholm
- Mila Jovovich: Nimue, the Blood Queen
- Sasha Lane: Alice Monaghan
- Daniel Dae Kim: Benjamin Daimio
- Penelope Mitchell: Ganeida
- Brian Gleeson: Merlin
- Sophie Okonedo: Lady Hatton
- Alistair Petrie: Lord Glaren
On August 21, 2017, The Hollywood Reporter announced Ed Skrein was joining the film in the role of Major Ben Daimio. Given the character's Japanese heritage, the casting of a white British man in the role was met with accusations of whitewashing. On August 28, Skrein dropped out of the film, issuing the following statement:
- Last week it was announced that I would be playing Major Ben Daimio in the upcoming HELLBOY reboot. I accepted the role unaware that the character in the original comics was of mixed Asian heritage. There has been intense conversation and understandable upset since that announcement, and I must do what I feel is right.
- It is clear that representing this character in a culturally accurate way holds significance for people, and that to neglect this responsibility would continue a worrying tendency to obscure ethnic minority stories and voices in the Arts. I feel it is important to honour and respect that. Therefore I have decided to step down so the role can be cast appropriately.
- Representation of ethnic diversity is important, especially to me as I have a mixed heritage family. It is our responsibility to make moral decisions in difficult times and to give voice to inclusivity. It is my hope that one day these discussions will become less necessary and that we can help make representation in the Arts a reality.
- I am sad to leave Hellboy but if this decision brings us closer to that day, it is worth it. I hope it makes a difference.
Lionsgate issued their own statement a few hours later:
- Ed came to us and felt very strongly about this. We fully support his unselfish decision. It was not our intent to be insensitive to issues of authenticity and ethnicity, and we will look to recast the part with an actor more consistent with the character in the source material.
- Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen at IMdB.com